Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Fun

Last weekend we went to the Holiday Inn in Rochester to have a weekend get away. Before we could leave Batavia, Ryan had a friend birthday party to go to at Main Street Pizza where they got to make their own personal pizzas. The cake was amazing, a very big Sponge Bob. Ryan had lots of fun. We then drove to Rochester, got checked in and went swimming. The boys loved being able to swim wherever they wanted in the pool because we basically had the whole pool to ourselves (only two other little kids were in the pool- family on deck). Then we went to get ready and went to dinner. We were going to go to Red Robin but it was soooo packed we decided to go shopping a little and then go back. Well, the waiting didn't work so we promised the kids to come back the next day and we went to McDonald's for Landon and Panera Bread for Fred, Ryan and I. It was so good, if you haven't been there I recommend the Broccoli Cheese soup- yum! We took the food back to the room and turned on the television and ate. Then we watched Kangaroo Jack! Funny movie! Then the kids and Fred were sleeping so I decided to turn the lights out and get some sleep. The next day we got up and went down to the complimentary breakfast- eggs, waffle, hash browns, sausage, bacon, cereal, toast, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, danishes, juice, hot chocolate and coffee- it was a decent breakfast. Thinking about it makes me hungry- I love a breakfast buffet! Then we went and got ready, checked out of the hotel and went to the Seneca Zoo. Although it was still a little chilly- we had a great time at the zoo. We got to see Ryan's favorite- Rhino's, they were just huddled together inside together. The elephants were playing outside and so was the new polar bear- Zero! Zero is new to the zoo in hopes of him snuggling up with the other female polar bear and having some bear cubs!!!! I hope it works out! I would love to see little polar bear cubs! Last year when we went to the Buffalo Zoo there was a baby Rhino- so, so cute! Anyway, Landon got to see his favorite- the hyenas! We had a great time at the zoo! After we left the zoo we headed to Red Robin! The boys love Red Robin!!!!! Then we went a little shopping and came home! I really enjoyedcour weekend get away!

No comments:

Post a Comment