Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ryan is ready for Christmas

We have had our Christmas tree up since the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Ryan couldn't wait for us to put the Thanksgiving decorations away so that we could put up the Christmas decorations. He wanted to put every decoration we had up around the house as quickly as he could. He ran from room to room placing decorations where he wanted them to go. He did a great job, even hung a decorations off the light switch in the kitchen but was mad when he turned off the light switch and the decoration fell. He found another spot for it right away though. What fun he had!!!

I let him decorate the Christmas tree all by himself, it was funny and cute. He could only reach the bottom half of the tree and really wanted to decorate the tree all by himself. So needless to say all of the ornaments were on the bottom half of the tree and basically on the same branches. When he was finished, he turned and looked at me and said, "Mama, isn't it beautiful?" I of course agreed and then said that we needed to move some of the ornaments up so that Landon wouldn't pull them off. He thought that was a great idea and actullay started handing me the more fragile ornaments to put up higher. He is a smart cookie! We have been making ornaments to put on our tree and to give away. It has been a blast. Today we made snowmen.

Everyday he asks when Santa will be here. We look at our Advent calendar and count the days. He is so excited. We saw Santa and Mrs. Claus this past Saturday at Applebees for Ryan's preschool pancake breakfast. Ryan was a little intimidated by Santa but loved Mrs. Claus. He got two pictures taken with Mrs. Claus (One by himself and one with his girlfriend Ella from his preschool class) and one with Santa. Of course he wasn't shy about telling Santa what he wanted for Christmas. "I want the Battle Palace and the Banshee." He was such a good boy at breakfast and enjoyed seeing all of his classmates.

I have been discussing with Ryan that Christmas time isn't just about receiving presents but that it is a season for giving also. He doesn't fully understand the whole concept yet but does understand that there other people that do not have what he has. So... Ryan and I picked an angel off the tree and purchased pajamas, two outfits, two toys, a blanket and diapers for a little girl who hasn't even arrived yet. It was fun picking things for a little girl since I have two boys. There is a lot more girl stuff out there then there ever was for boys by the way..... But anyway... Ryan and I enjoyed doing this so much!

15 days by the way.... I need to finish my shopping! By this time last year the presents were wrapped under the tree and in the basement. I was much more organized last year, well I guess I had to be because I wasn't sure when Landon was going to arrive. Maybe I could shoot for the presents to be bought and wrapped by the end of November next year. Sounds like a good plan...

I am looking forward to Christmas break. We have two weeks off and I am going to have fun playing with the boys! Hopefully, we can get out to play in the snow, visit with some friends, watch a couple movies, go to the library and just snuggle and nap together. I definitely will enjoy my time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment